A series of 12 Posts to help insure you a baby wardrobe that will last longer than you have ever imagined possible.
Tip no. 1
Let Quality Prevail
My Father always says: “I am not rich enough to buy cheap things”.
Don’t get me wrong, unlike him I’m not claiming that high cost is a quality guarantee. I am claiming though, that quality is a Longevity guarantee. It saves time, energy, money and ensures making the most and enjoying your baby clothes. The higher the quality of clothes you’ll purchase for your little one’s wardrobe, will have a direct impact on:
- The level of enjoyment you feel while using them
- The clothes durability through endless laundry cycles due to the fact it’s being worn by a baby or a toddler
Here is a scenario I’m sure as mums happened to all of us: We come back home carrying lots of shopping bags filled with baby clothes that are less than beautiful or what we would have chosen if we only could…and -
- One by one they find their place in the dumpster because after only one delicate cycle in the washing machine they become this shapeless rag
- we just don’t feel like dressing them to our little angel, so they lie in her closet with their tags still on, till eventually we give them away to charity.
- One by one they find their place in the dumpster because after only one use the buttons are falling or the sims unravel.
Even if you are totally different than me, and still have the energy after 3 kids and a husband and a cat and the dishes and laundry, to go back to the store for a refund, you must agree this is a total waste of your time and money. My suggestion is: use your budget to buy less but better. Let quality prevail this battle over quantity simply because if you choose well you don’t need as much.
You don’t need piles of baby clothes; you only need the right amount (will tell you exactly how much further in this article) of high-quality items that will make for enough combinations and variations. Make sure that each one of the baby clothes you decide to buy fills your heart with delight and joy and is beautifully crafted from a high quality soft and durable fabric.
Durable, unique & high-quality baby clothes will eventually become an heirloom piece that you can later use for your younger children and sometimes even for your children’s children - creating your own family heritage and tradition. Let’s teach our children to care for what they have and that we don’t need as much.